Friday, February 18, 2011

Survival

We survived the blizzard that started yesterday at noonish, like they had been predicting.  Storms are no fun, esp when it gets so blasted cold out there, today it's 9 above and sunny, which is nice, it makes you feel somewhat better about this all.  Hubby didn't make it home from work lastnite due to the blowing wind and snow.  So he stayed at my brotherinlaw's neices that was so sweet of them to take him in, but I guess any of us around here would help out eachother with anything.
I did go out an about early this morning, I had to back outta the garage many times and many ways to get away from the snow drifts in the alley.  Hopefully the city gets out there and gets the alleys cleaned out as the main streets are cleaned out.  We really owe the city guys a pat on the back, as winter has been a real torture this year.  I am about sick of winter!!!!!!!!!! I am so ready for different weather, makes us wonder why we live up here, but then I couldn't take the big city living either, that would drive me to drinking I would be thinkin'.
We did go on a trip to nice weather in July to Colorado, I hadn't been there since 2002 when I went with my Auntie as she moved to Arizona then I flew back from Pheonix to ND...Big City living isn't for me, but then I guess I never grew up in that type of area, I am a farm gurl at heart.
Well here is hoping that everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment